71. A Georgescu, C. May, B. Stanger, A Naji, K. Kaetsner, D Huh, “Automated production and large-scale integration of microengineered human tissues,“ submitted.
70. MAU Khalid, KH Kim, ARC Salih, K Hyun, SH Park, B Kang, AM Soomro, M Ali, H Cho, Y Jun, D Huh, KH Choi, “AHigh Performance Inkjet Printed Embedded Biosensors for Monitoring Hypoxia in Gut Bilayer Microfluidic Chip,“ submitted.
69. A. Georgescu, J. Oved, S. Mehta, M. Kim, E. Diffenderfer, G.S. Worthen*, D. Huh*, “Self-assembled hematopoietic niche and emergent innate immunity on a chip,“ submitted.
68. D Huh, “Microengineered avatars of human tissues in space,“ submitted (invited submission to Nature Materials).
67. C Sakolish, A Georgescu, D Huh, I Rusyn, “A model of human airway on a chip for studies of sub-acute effects of inhalation toxicants,“ Toxicological Sciences 2022, accepted for publication.
66. SE Park, S Kang, J Paek, A Georgescu, J Chang, AY Yi, T Karakasheva, KE Hamilton, D Huh, “Geometric engineering of organoid culture for enhanced organogenesis in a dish,“ Nature Methods 2022, accepted for publication.
65. JY Park, S Mani, G. Clair, HM Olson, VL Paurus, CK Ansong, C Blundell, R Young, J Kanter, S Gordon, AY Yi, M Mainigi*, D Huh*, “A microphysiological model of human trophoblast invasion during early embryo implantation,“ Nature Communications 2022 Read Here
64. MA Khalid, KH Kim, S Chethikkattuveli, R Abdul, K Hyun, SH Park, H Sung, B Kang, A Soomro, M Ali, Y Jun, D Huh, H Cho, KH Choi, “High performance inkjet printed embedded electrochemical sensors for monitoring hypoxia in gut bilayer microfluidic chip,“ Lab on a Chip 2022. Read Here
63. A Rahim C Salih, K Hyun, A Asif, AM Soomro, HMU Farooqi, Y Kim, KH Kim, J Lee, D Huh, KH Choi, “Extracellular matrix optimization for enhanced physiological emulation on organ-on-a-chip,“ Polymers 2021, accepted for publication
62. S Kang, SE Park, D Huh, “Organ-on-a-chip technology for nanoparticle research,“ Nano Convergence 2021. Read Here
61. J Paek, JW Song, E Ban, VB Shenoy, D Huh, “Soft-robotic constrictor for in vitro modeling of dynamic tissue compression,“ Scientific Reports 2021. Read Here
60. R.Y. Young, D. Huh, “Organ-on-a-chip technology for the study of the human reproductive system,”Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews 2021. Read Here
59. M. Mondrinos, F. Alisaifei, Y.S. Yi, H. Ahmadzaeh, I. Lee, C. Blundell, J. Seo, M. Osborn, T. Chun, S.M. Kim, V.B. Shenoy, D. Huh, “Surface-directed engineering of tissue anisotropy in microphysiological models of musculoskeletal tissue,” Science Advances 2021, Read Here
58. Farooqi, H.M.U., Kang, B., Khalid, M.A.U., Salih, A.R.C., Hyun, K., Park, S.H., Huh, D. and Choi, K.H., “Real-time monitoring of liver fibrosis through embedded sensors in a microphysiological system,” Nano Convergence 2021. Read Here
57. S.E. Park, J. Ahn, H-.E. Jeong, K-.I. Song, I. Youn, D. Huh*, S. Chung*, “In vitro model of three-dimensional peripheral myelination,” NPG Asia Mater. 2021. *co-corresponding authors.
56. I. Poventud-Fuentes, K.W. Kwon, J. Seo, M. Tomaiuolo, T.J. Stalker, L.F. Brass, D. Huh, “A human vascular injury-on-a-chip model of hemostasis,” Small 2021 Read Here
55. Y. Shim, Y. Lim, T. Kwak, J.H. Hwang, A. Georgescu, D. Huh*, D. Kim*, T. Kang*, “Microfluidic Multi-scale Homogeneous Mixing with Uniform Residence Time Distribution for Rapid Production of Various Metal Core-shell Nanoparticles,” Advanced Functional Materials, 2021. *co-corresponding authors. Read Here
54. M. Ali, M. Sajid, M.A.U. Khalid, S.W. Kim, J.H. Lim, D. Huh, K.H. Choi, “A fluorescent lateral flow biosensor for the quantitative detection of Vaspin using upconverting nanoparticles,” Spectrochim. Acta A 2020, Read Here
53. Y.J. Chen, T. Yamazoe, K.F. Leavens, F.L. Cardenas-Diaz, A. Georgescu, D. Huh, P.J. Gadue, B.Z. Stanger, “iPreP: a three-dimensional nanofibrillar cellulose hydrogel platform for long-term ex vivo preservation of human islets,” JCI Insight 2019. Read Here
52. J Seo, WY Byun, F Alisafaei, A Georgescu, M Massaro-Giordano, VB Shenoy, V Lee, V Bunya, D Huh, “Multiscale reverse engineering of the human ocular surface,” Nature Medicine 2019. Read Here
51. S.E. Park, A. Georgescu, D. Huh, “Organoids-on-a-chip,” Science 2019 2019. Read Here
50. J Paek, SE Park, Q Lu, KT Park, M Cho, JM Oh, KW Kwon, YY Yi, JW Song, H.I. Edelstein, J. Ishibashi, W. Yang, JW Myerson, RY Kiseleva, P Aprelev, ED Hood, D Stambolian, P Seale, VR Muzykantov, D. Huh, “Microphysiological engineering self-assembled and perfusable microvascular beds for the production of vascularized three-dimensional human microtissues,”ACS Nano 2019. Read Here
49. S.E. Park, A. Georgescu, J.M. Oh, K.W. Kwon, D. Huh, “Polydopamine-based interfacial engineering of three-dimensional cell culture for production and long-term maintenance of in vitro tissue constructs,”ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2019. Read Here
48. J. Chang, J. Lee, A. Georgescu, D. Huh, T. Kang, “Generalized on-demand production of nanoparticle monolayers on arbitrary solid surfaces via capillarity-mediated inverse transfer,” Nano Lett. 2019. Read Here
47. D. Huh, “Bioengineering and Metabolism Voices,” Cell Metabolism 2019. Read Here
46. P. Elkington, M. Lerm, N. Kapoor, R. Mahon, E. Pienaar, D. Huh, D. Kaushal, D. Kaushal, L. Schlesinger, “In vitro granuloma models of tuberculosis: potential and challenges,” J. Infect. Dis. 2019, in press.
45. J. Seo, D. Huh, “Microphysiological models of human organs: a case study on microengineered lung on-a-chip systems,” Microfluidic Cell Culture Systems, Ed. Borenstein, J. 2019, in press.
44. D. Huh, “Microphysiological models of the respiratory system,” Biofabrication and 3D Tissue Modeling, Biomaterials Science Series. Ed. Cho, D.-W. 2019, in press.
43. K. Gkatzis, S. Taghizadeh, D. Huh, D.Y.R. Stainier, S. Bellusci, “Using 3D organoids and lung-on-a-chip methods to study lung development, regeneration, and disease,” Eur. Respir. J. 2018. Read Here
42. J. Song, J. Paek, K.T. Park, J. Seo, D. Huh. A bioinspired microfluidic model of mucus plug-induced airway injury, Biomicrofluidics 2018, (Editor’s pick). Read Here
41. A.J. Clippinger, D. Allen, A.M. Jarabek, M. Corvaro, M. Gaça, S. Gehen, J.A. Hotchkiss, G. Patlewicz, J. Melbourne, P. Hinderliter, M. Yoon, D. Huh, A. Lowit, B. Buckley, M. Bartels, K. BéruBé, D.M. Wilson, I. Indans, M.
Vinken, “Alternative approaches for acute inhalation toxicity testing to address global regulatory and non-regulatory
data requirements: An international workshop report,” Toxicol. In Vitro 2018 48, 53-70. Read Here
40. C. Blundell, Y.S. Yi, L. Ma, E. Tess, M. Farrell, A. Georgescu, L. Aleksunes, D. Huh, “Placental drug transport-ona-chip: a microengineered in vitro model of transporter-mediated drug efflux in the human placental barrier,” Adv. Healthc. Mater. 2017 (cover article). Read Here
39. M. Mondrinos, Y.S. Yi, N.K. Wu, X. Ding, D. Huh, “Natural extracellular matrix-derived semipermeable, optically transparent semipermeable membrane inserts for microfluidic cell culture,” Lab Chip 2017, 17, 3146-3158. Read Here
38. J. Seo, D. Conegliano, M. Farrell, M. Cho, X. Ding, T. Seykora, D.Y. Qing, N.S. Mangalmurti, D. Huh, “A microfluidic model of red blood cell transfusion-induced pulmonary vascular injury,” Sci. Rep. 2017. Read Here
37. S.H. Yang, J.W. Choi, D. Huh, H.A. Jo, S. Kim, C.S. Lim, J.C. Lee, H.C. Kim, H.M. Kwon, C. Kwak, K.W. Joo, Y.S. Kim, D.K. Kim, “Roles of fluid shear stress and retinoic acid on the differentiation of primary cultured human
podocytes,” Exp. Cell Res. 2017. Read Here
36. C. Blundell, E. Tess, A. Schanzer, C. Coutifaris, E. Su, S. Parry, D. Huh, “A microengineered model of the human
placental barrier,” Lab Chip 2016. Read Here
35. S. Han, Y. Shin, H.E. Jeong, J. Jeon, R. Kamm, D. Huh, L. Sohn, and S. Chung, “Constructive remodeling of a
synthetic endothelial extracellular matrix,” Sci. Rep. 2016. Read Here
34. Y.S. Choi, E. Hyun, J. Seo, C. Blundell, H.C. Kim, E. Lee, S. Lee, W.K. Moon, D. Huh, “A microengineered model
of early-stage breast cancer,” Lab Chip 2015. Read Here
33. J.S. Lee, Y.M. Han, H.C. Kim, C.J. Kim, R. Romero, J.S. Hong, D. Huh, “Placenta-on-a-chip: a novel platform to
study the biology of human placenta,” J. Matern. Fetal Neonatal Med. 2015. Read Here
32. D. Huh, “A human breathing lung-on-a-chip,” Ann. Am. Thorac. Soc. 2015. Read Here
31. E. Esch, A. Bahinski, D. Huh, “Organs-on-chips at the frontiers of drug discovery,” Nat. Rev. Drug Discov. 2014. Read Here
30. D.Y. Qing, D. Conegliano, J. Seo, J.P. Reilly, M.G. Shashaty, G.S. Worthen, D. Huh, N.J. Meyer, N.S. Mangalmurti, “RBC transfusion increases susceptibility to lung inflammation through high mobility group box 1
released by necroptosis of lung endothelial cells,” Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2014. Read Here
29. S. Choi, Y. Hong, I. Lee, D. Huh, T.-J. Jeon, S.M. Kim, “Effects of various extracellular matrix proteins on the growth of HL-1 cardiomyocytes,” Cells Tissues Organs 2014. Read Here
28. D. Huh*, H.J. Kim, J.P. Fraser, D.E. Shea, M. Khan, A. Bahinski, G.A. Hamilton, D.E. Ingber*, “Microfabrication of
human organs-on-chips,” Nat. Protoc. 2013. *co-corresponding authorsRead Here
26. J. Park, K.B. Kim, J. Lee, H.C. Kim, D. Huh*, “Organomimetic Microsystems Technologies,” Biomed. Eng. Lett. 2012.; Awarded KSMBE Best Publication AwardRead Here
25. D. Huh, Y. Torisawa, G.A. Hamilton, H.J. Kim, D.E. Ingber, “Microengineered physiological biomimicry: organs-onchips,” Lab Chip 2012. Read Here
24. H.J. Kim, D. Huh, G.A. Hamilton, D.E. Ingber, “Human gut-on-a-chip inhabited by microbial flora that experiences
intestinal peristalsis-like motions and flow,” Lab Chip 2012. Read Here
23. D. Huh, G.A. Hamilton, D.E. Ingber, “From three dimensional cell culture to organs-on-chips,” Trends Cell Biol.
2011. Read Here
22. T. Mammoto, A. Mammoto, T. Tat, Y. Torisawa, A. Gibbs, R. Derda, R. Mannix, M. de Bruijin, C.W. Yung, D. Huh,
D.E. Ingber, “Mechanochemical control of mesenchymal condensation and embryonic tooth organ formation,” Dev.
Cell 2011. Read Here
20. K. L. Mills, D. Huh, S. Takayama, M. D. Thouless, “Instantaneous fabrication of arrays of normally closed, adjustable, and reversible nanochannels by tunnel cracking,” Lab Chip 2010. Read Here
19. H. Tavana, C.-H. Kuo, Q.Y. Lee, B. Mosadegh, D. Huh, P.J. Christensen, J.B. Grotberg, S. Takayama, “Dynamics of Liquid Plugs of Buffer and Surfactant Solutions in a Micro-Engineered Pulmonary Airway Model,” Langmuir 2010. Read Here
18. A. Mammoto, K.M. Connor, T. Mammoto, C.W. Yung, D. Huh, C.M. Aderman, G. Mostoslavsky, L.E.H. Smith, D.E. Ingber, “A Mechanosensitive Transcriptional Mechanism that Controls Angiogenesis,” Nature 2009. Read Here
17. D. Huh, C.H. Kuo, J.B. Grotberg, S. Takayama, “Gas-Liquid Two-Phase Flow Patterns in Rectangular Polymeric Microchannels”, New J. Phys. 2009. Read Here
16. Y. Zheng, H. Fujioka, S. Bian, Y. Torisawa, D. Huh, S. Takayama, J.B. Grotberg, “Liquid Plug Propagation in Flexible Microchannels – A Small Airway Model.” Phys. Fluids 2009.Read Here
15. H. Tavana, D. Huh, J.B. Grotberg, S. Takayama, “Microfluidics, Lung Surfactant, and Respiratory Disorders,” Labmedicine 2009. Read Here
14. H. Tavana, D. Huh, J.B. Grotberg, S. Takayama, “Pulmonary Airways on a Chip: A New Approach to Study Respiratory Disorders,” BioForum Europe 2009.
13. Y. Kamotani, T. Bersano-Begey, N. Kato, Y.-C. Tung, D. Huh, J.W. Song, S. Takayama, “Individually Programmable Cell Stretching Microwell Arrays Actuated by a Braille Display,” Biomaterials 2008. Read Here
12. N. Douville, D. Huh, S. Takayama, “DNA Linearization through Confinement in Nanofluidic Channels,” Anal. Bioanal. Chem. 2008. Read Here
11. D. Huh, K. L. Mills, X. Zhu, M.A. Burns, M. D. Thouless, S. Takayama, “Tuneable Elastomeric Nanochannels for Nanofluidic Manipulation,” Nat. Mater. 2007. Read Here
10. D. Huh, H. Fujioka, Y.-C. Tung, N. Futai, R. Paine III, J.B. Grotberg, S. Takayama, “Acoustically Detectable Cellular-Level Lung Injury Induced by Fluid Mechanical Stresses in Microfluidic Airway Systems,” Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 2007. Read Here; Featured in Nature and Lab on a Chip.
9. D. Huh, J.H. Bahng, Y. Ling, H.-H. Wei, O.D. Kripfgans, J.B. Fowlkes, J.B. Grotberg, S. Takayama, “Gravity-Driven Microfluidic Particle Sorting Device with Hydrodynamic Separation Amplification,” Anal. Chem. 2007. Read Here
8. D. Huh, Y. Kamotani, J.B. Grotberg, S. Takayama, “Engineering pulmonary epithelia and their mechanical microenvironments” Micro- and Nanoengineering of the Cell Microenvironment: Technologies and Applications, Ed. Khademhosseini, 2007. Read Here
7. Y. Torisawa, B. Chueh, D. Huh, P. Ramamurthy, T.M. Roth, K.F. Barald, S. Takayama, “Efficient Formation of Uniform-Sized Embryoid Bodies Using a Compartmentalized Microchannel Device,” Lab Chip 2007. Read Here
6. B. Chueh, D. Huh, C.R. Kyrtsos, T. Houssin, N. Futai, S. Takayama, “Leakage-Free Bonding of Porous Membranes into Layered Microfluidic Array Systems,” Anal. Chem. 2007. Read Here
5. A.J. Calderón, Y. Heo, D. Huh, N. Futai, S. Takayama, J.B. Fowlkes, J.L. Bull, “A Microfluidic Model of Bubble Lodging in Microvessel Bifurcations,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 2006. Read Here
4. D. Huh, W. Gu, Y. Kamotani, J.B. Grotberg, S. Takayama, “Microfluidics for Flow Cytometric Analysis of Cells and Particles,” Physiol. Meas. 2005. Read Here; Best Review published in Physiol. Meas. in 2005.
3. Y. Kamotani, D. Huh, N. Futai, S. Takayama, “At the Interface: Advanced Microfluidic Assays for Study of Cell Function,” Therapeutic Micro/NanoTechnology, Ed. Bhatia, S.; Desai, T. 2004.
2. D. Huh, A.H. Tkaczyk, J.H. Bahng, Y Chang, H.-H. Wei, J.B. Grotberg, C.-J. Kim, K. Kurabayashi, S. Takayama, "Reversible Switching of High-Speed Air-Liquid Two-Phase Flows Using Electrowetting-Assisted Flow-Pattern Change," J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2003. Read Here
1. D. Huh, Y.-C. Tung, H.-H. Wei, J.B. Grotberg, S.J. Skerlos, K. Kurabayashi, S. Takayama, "Use of Air-Liquid TwoPhase Flow in Hydrophobic Microfluidic Channels for Disposable Flow Cytometers," Biomed. Microdev. 2002. Read Here